Non-Toxic Homemade Poison Ivy Killer

Spray Bottle for Homemade Non-Toxic Poison Ivy Killer

Try this cheap and safe DIY solution for my non-toxic homemade poison ivy killer.

 

Perhaps, you were gardening and already noticed those familiar leaves of three growing in your yard.  Before they can spread and cause even more trouble, you could try making up a batch of this simple, non-toxic homemade poison ivy killer spray to eliminate the awful invaders before they have a chance to make you suffer.

All you need are three ingredients, a container to mix them in, and an empty spray bottle.  Be careful though once you spray because this formula can also kill other plants.  Therefore, I suggest trying to shoot the spray in a direct line with your target to avoid any risk to any of your favorite neighboring plants.

I have two other posts that you may also want to read with poison ivy gardening precautions that also help with some useful advice to stay safe outside when gardening.  Another informative piece is on how to minimize your contact with poison ivy.

Homemade Poison Ivy Killer 

1-1/4 cups of plain table salt
1 cup of white vinegar
10 drops of any liquid dish detergent

 

Mix the salt with your measured white vinegar until dissolved.  Next, add the liquid detergent to the salt and vinegar before filling your bottle.

Follow:

2 Comments

  1. Heather!
    May 23, 2012 / 1:11 pm

    As somebody who tends to get poison ivy anytime I'm within a mile of it, I thank you for this 'recipe'! Over the years I have had really bad poison ivy rashes MANY times, and I've learned a few tricks for dealing with it. Most are fairly standard, but I thought I'd share the best one with, just in case you don't get rid of the plant quickly enough and actually get poison ivy. Use whatever products you want to shorten the duration of the rash, but to stop the itching you can use heat. Super hot water or air will work; I prefer the hair dryer. Just apply heat to the affected area. I use a blow dryer, and I blow on the area until I really can't stand anymore. The idea is that your brain thinks your skin is burning and it sends endorphins to minimize the pain. It's a good way to keep from having to scratch, and it lasts about eight hours. Best home remedy I've ever learned!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: