When I was contacted by the Happy Box about doing a review, I was not aware of a senior gift box subscription existed. Therefore, I was curious to see what one such box was like that was curated by a nurse with 20 years of experience working with seniors and agreed to check it out firsthand.
**Disclaimer: This post has been compensated. Opinions are solely mine. **
So what you may wonder could a senior gift box subscription consist of? Well, the Happy Box sends a mix of treats, items to promote comfort and wellness, information, unusual curiosities, and surprise according to their description for a monthly price of $39.99 with free USA shipping.
Now that I gave you a brief idea of what this monthly gift box is about, I won’t hold you in suspense as to what this box I received contained. Get comfortable because there are quite a few items inside to tell you about.
Here is what you might expect from The Happy Box.
- Savor by Suzie Grain-Free Pretzels (1.5 oz.) a small bag
- Lotus Biscoff Cookies (small two cookies in the package)
- Glico Pocky Chocolate Cream Covered Biscuit Sticks (1.41 oz.)
- Tazo brand Chamomile tea bags (two tea bags)
- Solely Organic Mango Fruit Jerky (8-oz.)
- Small Back Scratcher
- A Pen with Wheels that Resembles a Toy Race Car
- Nylon Loofa
- Bar of Coffee and Oatmeal Soap
- Large Print Find-A-Word Book
- Key Chain that is a Measuring Tape (up to three feet)
- Small Squeezable Football
- A Tiny Plastic Duck Toy
- A Tiny Toy Car
- Fidget Spinner for Anxiety and Stress Relief
- Five Cards with Facts About Animals
- Printed Sheet With a Poem
Overall, this senior gift box subscription was a bit overpriced, but had some merit. However, I did not understand why toys were included unless for having available for when grandchildren arrived or for pets to play with.
I did have a kitten once that loved chasing those small matchbox cars around my kitchen. He used to push them back and forth with his little paws, which was amusing to watch.
If what I described is a subscription box that appeals to you, then check out The Happy Box at the company’s website. You also may want to read my earlier post on healthy aging moves to start now for best results later.