Paper clips are not only useful for securing papers together, but also for many other purposes. In this post, I will show you 10 amazing paper clip hacks that you can try at home, in the office, or outdoors. You will be surprised by how versatile and handy paper clips can be! If you’re intrigued, then let me fill you some other innovative ways to put paper clips to good use.
Paper Clip Tips for Home
- Repair a broken zipper: Don’t you hate when the zipper pull tab breaks off? Instead of replacing the entire zipper or disposing of that broken garment, try inserting a paper clip through the loop on that zipper. You will be pleasantly surprised at how well that trick works.
- Devise a tiny brush for cleaning: Some places are too hard to get in there with a dust cloth or a cleaning brush, such as the keyboard of your computer, electronics, and delicate figurines. However, you can improvise with your own paper clip tool by simply wrapping some cotton or thin material around it for easier cleaning when working over those tiny areas.
- Unclog spray bottles: Another of these great paper clip hacks is how helpful they can be for clearing a blocked hole of a spray bottle. What I like to do is straighten the paper clip and aim the pointy end into the trapped hole or holes. Try this trick on a cleaning spray or a glue bottle to solve that problem.
- Jewelry creation: If you are artistic and love to craft unique jewelry, you can bend paper clips into a variety of shapes to work within your designs for bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. In fact, you can use the paper clips alone or include them with beads, crystals, and feathers to give those pieces your own special style.
Paper Clip Hacks for Office
- Hang ornaments: Have you ever almost finished hanging your Christmas ornaments and run out of those ornament hooks? The next time that happens, a quick save is fashioning your own out of paper clips. All that you need to do is feed one end through the hoop of that ornament and problem solved.
- Construct a sturdy bookmark: Paper clips can also be wonderful bookmarks that hold up better than some paper bookmarks.
- Fixing eyeglasses: Eyeglasses can cause a problem when a screw falls out or gets loose and you don’t have a miniature screwdriver to repair it. Don’t panic because you can use that pointed end of the paper clip to tighten it without rushing to buy a specialized new tool.
- Letter opener: Straighten a paper clip to run the pointed end under the envelope makes a quick fix to open it.
Paper Clip Hacks for Outdoors
- Compass: If you’re in the wilderness and need to find your way back to your campsite without your compass, you can grab a leaf and form a floatation device out of a magnetized paper clip as a makeshift compass.
- Fishing hook: You can bend a paper clip into a hook shape and fasten it to a fishing line or a string.
These are just some of the creative and practical ways to use paper clips. You can also find more ideas online or come up with your own. Paper clips are cheap, easy to find, and versatile, so don’t underestimate their potential!
I hope you enjoyed this post with 10 paper clip hacks and learned something new. If you did, please leave a comment below and share this post with your friends. And don’t forget to follow my website for more tips and tricks on how to use everyday items in amazing ways.
Visit Beauty Cooks Kisses Blog for more helpful posts to better your life!