These delectable coffee spice bars have more of a snack cake like texture than flat, harder bar cookies that I expected when sampling them for the first time.
Leave the butter out at room temperature to soften. Otherwise, cut into small piece and try mashing with a fork before preparing to take out your electric mixer to cream it with your brown sugar until well blended.
2. Add the eggs next to your ingredients in the mixing bowl and beat thoroughly.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon next.
4. Alternate the dry sifted ingredients with the hot coffee to beat into the creamed mixture until you incorporate those ingredients.
5. Spread in a well-greased 15-1/2" x 10-1/2" x 1" inch pan.
6. Bake at a 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick, cake tester or slender knife to see if anything sticks for determining if your coffee spice bars are finished baking.
7. Wait about five minutes, but score them in the pan while still warm.
8.Cool and then frost with your favorite confectioners’ sugar frosting recipe or just plain.